- 12 slices of good French bread, toasted
- 4 ounces goat cheese, softened
- Zest from one large orange
- ½ C Raven’s Nest Apple Butter
- ½ English cucumber sliced thinly (use a mandoline for best results!)
- 12 pieces of fine prosciutto or Italian speck ham
- 2 T cilantro chopped finely to garnish
Blend the orange zest with the softened goat cheese and set aside.
Using a mandoline, slice the cucumber into very thin pieces. This makes it easier to layer them when assembling the dish.
Arrange toasted bread on a platter. Using a small spatula, slather each piece with a generous amount of the goat cheese. Then about 2 T of the apple butter. Top with the very thin cucumber pieces, folding and layering for height. Top with a folded piece of ham, artfully arranged. Top with a dusting of the chopped cilantro.
Finish with a flourish of cracked pepper and a drizzle of good oil to serve!