- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/3 C sugar
- 2 T baking powder
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1/3 C Raven’s Nest Pumpkin Butter
- 1/4 C Olivezia Chiquitita olive oil (or other mild olive oil)
- 1/2 C + 2 T whole milk
- 2 T Olivezia White Peach balsamic vinegar
- 2 T heavy cream or half n half
- 1/3 C + half of another 1/3 C confectioner’s sugar
- Diced fresh peach for garnish
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
In large bowl add flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and mix them well with a spoon to incorporate spices. Add the oil, milk, pumpkin butter, and vanilla. Stir a few times with a large wooden spoon. Finish mixing until it comes together. Then empty dough onto floured surface. Don’t worry if there’s still a bit of flour and dough in bowl. Shape into a circle with hands and flatten to a disc about 6 inches or so in diameter and about 1 1/2 inches in thickness. Cut into 8 pie shaped pieces. Transfer to a cookie sheet on top of parchment paper. Bake for 13 minutes. Let cool.
To make glaze add the balsamic and cream in a bowl. Then add the confectioner’s sugar and blend well. Drizzle over cooled scones, top with chopped peaches, and serve!
Makes 8 scones