Yields 12 to 16 servings
- Double batch of cornbread
- 10 slices of toasted white bread
- 8-10 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1-2 large onions
- 1-2 sticks of butter
- 2 tbsp Raven's Original Cornbread Dressing Seasoning
- 4 cups broth
2-3 eggs (optional)
- Prepare double batch of your favorite cornbread (our personal favorite is good ole’ Jiffy). Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, crumble cornbread and toasted white bread.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in Cornbread Dressing Seasoning, followed by broth. Add celery and onions and cook for 10-15 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture over bread crumbles and stir to combine. If necessary, add more broth to thin. Depending on your taste, you may add another tablespoon Cornbread Dressing Seasoning.
- When satisfied, stir in 2-3 eggs. Mixture should be a thick, corn bread consistency.
- Pour cornbread dressing mixture into one greased 13x9 pan, or two greased 8x8 pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until crust is brown.